We are pleased to announce that the Lustre 2.10.0 Release has been declared GA and is available for download. You can also grab the source from git.
This major release includes new features:
- Progressive File Layouts: Enables file layouts to automatically adjust as size of files grow thus optimizing performance for diverse workloads (LU-8898)
- Multi-Rail LNet: Allows LNet to utilize multiple network interfaces on a node in parallel, aggregating their performance (LU-7734)
- Project Quotas: Extension to the Lustre quotas feature to provide the option to place quotas on a per project basis rather than just per user or per group (LU-4017)
- Simplified Userspace Snapshots: Provides a mechanism to leverage the snapshot capability in OpenZFS to take a coordinated snapshot of a Lustre filesystem. (LU-8900)
- NRS Delay Policy: Simulates high server load as a way of validating the resilience of Lustre under load. (LU-6283)
Please log any issues found in the issue tracking system
Thanks to all those who have contributed to the creation of this release.
This is the first release of the 2.10.x LTS release stream. A freely available Lustre 2.10.1 release is planned in the coming weeks